Monday, April 16, 2012

I got the Monday Blues...ooohoooh....oh yeah...

Monday.
Today feels like a typical Monday, start of the work week, yucky kind of a day.

1.) Taxes are due tomorrow. I thought ours was done and ready to go; then I checked my email and our tax preparer found something important she didn't add, and had to do them over. She just called me a few minutes ago and now they are done.

2.) My body hurts today from being at camp over the weekend and joining in on the games. I feel every bit of 41 today.

3.) Heather is home from school, sick with a nasty cold/headache/sore throat. No fun.

4.) I, along with Amy and Ryan have dentist appointments at three o'clock today. No fun. I can't even pick a prize from the treasure box.

5.) The house looks like I was gone all weekend.

6.) The dirty laundry has taken over the house.


Monday.
Today is a typical Monday. But....

1.) The taxes are done on time. And we get a refund.
2.) My body may hurt, but it hurts because I had fun playing games. I am thankful that I was able to run!
3.) Heather will feel better again.
4.) I still have all my teeth. And our dentist is really nice.
5.) I still had a house to come home too, messy or not.
6.) It is a breezy day and I can hang the laundry on the line.

Monday.
There is no guarantee that Tuesday or Wednesday will be any better.
The choice in attitude is mine, even when circumstances are not.

And believe me, some days I need to remind myself over and over and over.
Looking at flowers helps too. These were what was blooming yesterday when I came home.





I love Spring, and maybe, just maybe, even Mondays.

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment