Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inspired Creativity

I am not feeling particularly creative today. Maybe it is a side effect of working a dayshift yesterday, maybe it is a lingering Monday feeling, maybe it is just me today.

Whatever the reason, it makes me feel out of sorts. I feel like a puppy looking for something to play with, and all that is there is one lonely piece of string. Now, it I was a cat, maybe that would be just the thing, but I'm not feeling feline today.

Here is my sewing corner. I usually feel creative here and I have surrounded myself with things that make me feel like creating. Things that inspire me.

Like...
     photos of me and Leo,
     photos of the kids,
     notes they have written,
     art they have done,


     lists of movie soundtracks that I like,
     quotes,
     keys that don't have a home,
     maps (of Narnia and Middle Earth),

     bags from other countries (Japan and Guatemala),
     a jar of buttons,
     a fairy or two,
     and other misc items that have meaning.

 I almost always have music on when I am feeling creative. Somehow movie soundtracks inspire me the most. I think it's because they are telling a story and I feel the songwriter's creativity. Some of my favorites are from the Narnia movies, The Lord of The Rings trilogy, Zorro, Shall We Dance, King Arthur, and Robin Hood. There are more, and it depends on what kind of mood I am in, or what I am working on. It also depends on the time of day it is.

It is 3:30 now. Where is that creative spark?

Obviously hiding. In that pile of dirty laundry. Or is it in the garbage that needs taken out? I know, it's in the homework that the kids brought home. Or is it?

Maybe it's just hanging out in the corners of my mind until tomorrow.
And that's okay.
Because creativity is best when it just happens, without being forced, and without too much thought.
At least, that's what the analytical, noncreative side of me says.

Meow.

Love,
Dianne


   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment