Thursday, May 31, 2012

Frog Legs on the First Day of Summer Vacation

Amy came inside a little while ago holding a large frog by the legs. She had actually sat by the pond waiting for just such a specimen and shot him with a BB gun.

She wanted to try frog legs.

She does not get this tendency from me.

At all.

With some assistance on cleaning and preparing from Leo, the frog legs were soon breaded and sizzling in the cast iron skillet. I will admit that they
did smell kinda good. For frog legs.
















Then came time to taste the little morsels. Believe me when I say that there is not much meat on a frog.

Amy: "You go first."
Heather: "No, you go first. It was your frog."
Amy: "There, I licked it!"
Heather: "That's not fair."

They both tasted the frog legs, after Leo tried them first. I just stood back and tried to not make "yucky" faces.

Heather: "Ooooh, this is pretty good!"
Amy: "It tastes like fish and chicken."
Leo: "The bread crumbs mask a lot."
Dianne: "I did not birth these children."


And to think, I can't even get them to eat certain vegetables.
Go figure.


Just think, this was just the first day of summer vacation; what will the rest of the summer hold?

Love, 
Dianne, the proud mother of frog leg eaters. 

1 comment:

  1. "Um ack went the little green frog one day,
    um ack went the little green frog...."
    All I can say is - you are one brave momma!!

    ReplyDelete