Monday, May 21, 2012

Semi-Rainy Day With The Decorating Goddess

I love semi-rainy days.
     1. I don't feel guilty for not being outside mowing yard.
     2. I like catching up on things indoors, like dusting.
     3. Rain makes it feel cozy inside.
     4. Coffee tastes better.
     5. A second cup tastes as good as the first one.
     6. Who wants to iron clothes on a sunshiny day?
           (actually, who wants to iron clothes at all, sunshine or rain?)
    7. Some Celtic music sounds better on rainy days.
       
I dusted the living room today, and it may sound funny, but I enjoyed it. I like decorating and rearranging, and dusting gives that opportunity, even if it is just in how a picture or candle is positioned. Sometimes, it doesn't take much to make me feel inspired.

Of course, watching HGTV while dusting may have had something to do with feeling creative. I am trying to imagine myself hosting a design show. . .

"Hi, I'm Dianne, you're decorating goddess." 

Umm, no.

"I'm Dianne and I am here to redesign and rejuvenate your space." 
(because what you have already is ugly, boring, and outdated in a nonvintage kind of way.)


Maybe.

"Do you want a space that makes a statement about who you are? A space that inspires you to be who you have always wanted to be? A space that is uniquely you? I'm Dianne and I am here to make that happen." 

Okay, I could go with that.

But wait, they say the camara makes you gain 20 pounds. I would need to lose that much before putting myself on TV.  And I don't really like my voice.  So maybe TV is not the place for me. But, a magazine, maybe. . .

After the dusting and dreaming is done, I am tackling the ironing (or is it tackling me?), which is going to lead into organizing (again) my sewing corner. I have some pants to hem for a friend and I need to be able to reach the sewing machine.

And what better day to do it than on a semi-rainy Monday?
After a third cup of coffee that is.
Hey, I gotta have energy to iron.

Love,
Dianne






No comments:

Post a Comment