Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Lion May Sleep Tonight, but The Traffic Cops Aren't

Did you know that construction zones in PA are double the fine and double the points on your license?
Did you know that PA has an awful lot of construction zones?

I know.

Yesterday afternoon, Aaron and I went to the Benedum Center for the Performing Arts in Pittsburgh. Other than misplacing tickets (twice) before ever leaving the house, we got off okay. Travel was great until we reached Pittsburgh. I really need to give my GPS an update so it is aware of construction. The 31st Street Bridge was closed (Lori, my GPS was clueless) and we missed our detour. Thanks to Aaron and his map knowledge, we got turned around and found our way back to the detour, and thus eventually finding the Theater. (Lori eventually figured it out too.)

This is my fifth time driving to the Benedum. Just once, I want to make it there effortlessly. I want to get there and also be able to leave after the show and go straight for 376 without getting turned around at least once or twice. Is that too much to ask for? Sigh.

The concert started at 8pm, so even with all the delays, we were still early. Aaron and I made our way to our seats, relaxed for about thirty minutes, and then enjoyed "Straight No Chaser" and their brilliant harmonies.

We-de-de-de                                 (Oh, yeah The Lion Sleeps Tonight!)
De-de-de-de-de
De-we-um-um-a-way
We-de-de-de
De-de-de-de-de
We-um-um-a-way



I loved spending time with Aaron, both at the concert, and during our drive there and back again. Back again...therein lies the construction zone. 


I set my cruise to 65mph once we got on the turnpike and we were homebound. I didn't notice that we were in a construction zone. I mean, don't all of Pennsylvania roads look like that all the time? What's a few orange cones? 


The officer was very nice as he informed me I was going 63 in a 45mph zone. He was also very gracious as he told me he was cutting me a break, a very big break. Instead of the points and a large fine for speeding, I was charged with failing to obey posted traffic signs (or something like that). Still, a fine that I deserved. 


Grace...isn't it great when someone offers it to you? It is a good reminder to me when I have been wronged. I can extend grace and mercy as well. God does this for me everyday. Is is too much to ask that I do the same in how I treat others?


Grace means to get something that you do not deserve; unmerited favor.  Mercy means you do not get a punishment that you deserve; compassion, forbearance. 

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/20-inspirational-bible-verses-about-grace/#ixzz1tqA0dQrz



Lesson learned. 


Love, 
Dianne We-um-um-a-way







No comments:

Post a Comment