Monday, May 14, 2012

Taking Chances

On Saturday, I played "official" BINGO for the first time. A fundraiser was held for my cousin Sandi and her husband Keith and their children to help them as they move to Chile to help children in crisis. 

As I am playing BINGO, I was inspired by the game cards. Weird, I know. Ryan was playing with me, and I decided to make something for his room as a way to remind him to pray for the Probst family. 

Not to mention that it rained all day and I was feeling crafty.

I started with an old dresser drawer. 
 I laid out the BINGO cards Ryan and I used and decided they looked too new.
 I aged them with vinegar, coffee grounds and a 200 degree oven.
                         Voila!
 I had already painted the dresser drawer "caramelized onion". Next, I decopauged the pages into the bottom. Not the tidiest project in the world.

 Then I hung the drawer in Ryan's room next to his maps of the world and USA. . .
. . . and added a few favorite toys.
There you have it: my project for the day.
I wasn't sure how it would turn out or if I'd even like it.
But then again, life's a little like BINGO sometimes, full of chances and sometimes you just have to take them. Follow where God leads.

Like Keith and Sandi.

Love,
Dianne



2 comments:

  1. You are so creative!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa, most days I am not so creative :) I do have my moments though if I take the time. Thanks! Dianne

    ReplyDelete