Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Good Day: Take 2

So, here is the other side of the old milk house. 
Here we find lots of weeds, miscellaneous odds 'n' ends of metal buried in the dirt and a pipe sticking up. 
This is the spot where Leo ties up baby calves to get them outside.
I guess he'll need a new spot as I've commandeered the location for another flower bed. 
(That makes me a pirate, right?)

First, I cleared out lots of weeds and leveled out the layer of gravel that was hidden underneath. 
Oh, and carried more rocks to where I need them. 
Actually, some of the rocks, I rolled. 
(Now that's rock 'n' roll.)
I really need to invest in a wheelbarrow. 


The rocks are all in place. 
Coffee break. 
Iced coffee, thank you. 


The dirt, the wonderful earthworm filled dirt is ready for plants. 
Time for a water break.
Iced water, thank you. 


Heather and Ryan helped me with watering the irises, dianthus (only 18 more to go), shasta daisies, 
hens 'n' chicks, and a couple other miscellaneous "surprise me" plants. 


This is me,
Dianne,
The Pirate Queen of the Garden.


Mission complete. 
It's been another good day. 
Awesome day, thank you!

Thank You God!




Love, 
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment