Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jumping Through The Hoops

Did you ever wonder why dogs jump through hoops? I mean, it seems rather pointless and wouldn't it be easier to just walk around the hoop? Of course, it wouldn't look as impressive either.
 I feel a bit like I am jumping through hoops. Sometimes to get to an end result, you have to go through a process. Like getting fingerprinted.

For any new job, depending on the job, fingerprinting is part of the process. My question is this: Why do I have to get re-fingerprinted? It's not like they've changed in the last 5 years. There is a little part of me that wants to try to change those unique markers to see if anybody would notice. Let's see....sandpaper might work...

A background check is also part of the process and this I can understand. Who knows what kind of criminal activity I've been caught at since the last check? I mean, besides the random traffic violation.

But why do the "hoops" have to be so complicated? Two weeks ago, I got an email saying certain forms would be mailed out in "24-48 hours". I still haven't seen them and the answering machine message said, "...if it hasn't been 4 weeks yet, please be patient." At least they said please. I called and spoke with a person today and she said, "I'll get them in the mail today." That means the forms were not mailed out earlier as promised.

Hoops.
Sometimes I really do just want to walk around.
With my tongue hanging out and my tail wagging.


But I will go through, hopefully with grace and style. At least there's no flames. Yet.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment