Thursday, July 19, 2012

Post-it Anonymous

Rarely in my life, up until now, have I bought Post-it Notes. I always found them unnecessary and a little expensive. Really, why did I need a piece of paper with a sticky strip at one end?

Since June, I have become a Post-it Note addict.
"Hello, I'm Dianne, and my favorite Post-it color is blue."


Yesterday, in my car, I had 8 bright yellow notes sticking all over the front of my car around my air vents. Notes to remind me of phone calls to make when I got home,  a reminder to email someone about a laptop battery, a list of food I'd eaten so I could log it later, random blog ideas, and a grocery list. I can't help it. I just think of things as I am driving and as soon as I get to a destination, I quickly jot them down and slap it up.

So handy. So convenient. How could I have ever survived before?
Around my laptop, I have 7 blue notes framing the screen. More reminders, more emails to write, more questions to ask.

Again, how did I survive without them before? Pink, Orange, Blue, Yellow and Green. Fluorescent or not. Some with decorative edges when in their little perfect 2x2 inch square. I could use blue for family, yellow for work, green for groceries, pink for "to-do", and orange for everything else.
 Sigh. Could this be love? After all, what's not to love?

I like making lists.
I like being organized.
I like being able to find my notes and lists later.
I like doing whatever it is on the note and then tossing it.
Let's face it, Post-it Notes and I were meant to be.

"Hello, I'm Dianne, and don't you dare take my Post-it's away from me."

Love,
Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment