Sunday, July 22, 2012

An Afternoon Reprieve

Reprieve: to give relief or deliverance to for a time

I got a reprieve from work tonight. Scheduled to work three in a row, tonight was my third night. Our census is low and I got to be "off, but on-call." A reprieve.

I slept most of the day, and when I got up this afternoon, I headed to the pond to join Heather and Ryan. Armed with a blanket, an over-due library book that I am determined to finish before tomorrow, a cooking magazine, a travel mug of coffee, and my camera, I am ready for relaxation.

A glimpse. . .
Ryan's Catfish

 Leo helping to get the hook out:



Concentrating on getting the next fish:

Reason # 32 Why I love to live here:


Reason #2 Why I love to live here:

Daylily

Sometimes even weeds are beautiful:

. . . and more weeds



 A welcome afternoon of doing nothing much of anything, and I loved every minute of it.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment