Monday, July 16, 2012

Living, Not Dieting

Four score and seven years ago. . .
Actuallly, it was one score and seven months ago (and that's if a "score" is a year) that I started entering everything I ate into a food log/diary. Through work, I connected with a program that helped me lose around twenty pounds. Since last June (2011) though, I quit logging my food (too boring and time-consuming), and my weight has pretty much stayed the same. Now, I am thankful that I didn't gain the weight back, and I did adopt some new healthy habits with my eating, but I am tired of being "stuck".

You see, I had a goal in mind, and I have yet to reach it. That's frustrating. I believe, even though it is time-consuming and boring, I need to go back to logging every blessed bite that enters my body. I like that it is not a diet; I can eat what I want. However, seeing it all in black and white, all the unhealthiness that I can consume, is eye-opening. I think I have become lazy about what I eat, and when I am eating it.

I could blame it all on working night shift.

But I won't, cause that's a cop-out. If I could lose weight before, I can do it again to reach a goal of feeling better about myself, being healthier and looking healthier. I want to set an example for my children. I mean, I like chocolate and coffee for breakfast as much as the next woman, but that doesn't mean I have to indulge in front of my innocent children, perhaps scarring them for life.

Don't' laugh, you have never seen me indulge in chocolate and coffee for breakfast. It's not pretty.

Today is Monday July 16th, not a particularly special day, although I do have books due at the library. Today is a day for a new start, because why wait until tomorrow? If I want change, then it needs to start with me, today.

So as boring as it can be, oh and don't forget time-consuming, it can also be life-changing and sometimes that makes all the difference. I am just asking you all for pushes along the way. Ask me if I've logged my food. Remind me that it is worth it. Stop in with chocolate and coffee for breakfast.

Oops, sorry, my fingers just took over their for a second.

Okay, maybe not coffee and chocolate, but just a cup of coffee. Hey, I'm not giving up all the little enjoyments in life. It's about living, not dieting.

Love,
Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment