Thursday, July 5, 2012

Loaded With Possibilities

My coffee thought for the day:

"Every day we live is a priceless gift of God, loaded with possibilities to learn something new, to gain fresh insights into His great truths." ---Dale Evans Rogers


Yes, I have a book by the coffee pot that I look at for inspiration, motivation, humor, and insight. Full of random thoughts, quotes, and verses, it is just a simple thought to ponder on while I sip a Papua New Guinea blend from a Gettysburg coffee mug.

I like today's thought and the idea that it is loaded with possibilities. Wow. Not just to learn something new, but to live,
                   to do,
                       to dream, 
                           to forgive, 
                              to love.


What does today hold for me? Already, I awoke early to say good morning, and "I love you" to Leo as he headed off to work, drove Amy to meet a friend for a morning run, did the dishes, hung a load of laundry on the clothesline, started the next load in the washer, responded to some work emails, ate breakfast, and now I am writing this, drinking coffee.

I still need to run to Cumberland for a visit, run to the mall to pick up a few necessities, finish the ironing, and relax a little before going to work at the hospital tonight. All are kinda routine, rather unexciting events in my day, but today is a gift. I will never have today again.

Who will I inspire?
How can I give of myself to bless another?
What will make me smile?
What will bring tears to my eyes?
Who can I hug?
Will I take time to just pause?
Will I really see what is around me?
Will I look at my flowers?
Will I taste, really taste, my food?
Where will I go?
And why?
Will I appreciate today for just being today?

Will you?

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment