Thursday, July 12, 2012

Listen...Noise

As I get ready to go to sleep before my last of three night shifts, I am enjoying the sounds.
    I hear. . . 
    a tractor idling,
    the breeze as it rustles the leaves outside my window,
    the chit-chat among the birds,
    an occasional cow mooing out in the pasture,
    an even less occasional, mournful braying by Zorro,
     the faint hint of "I Love Lucy" being watched by the girls,
     Ryan as he calls to Leo,
      fjjjffkkkffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff k fkffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkfffffff dfffffkk

And that was me, falling asleep. 
Interesting. 
I hope nobody was listening to me snore. 

Now, it is a few hours later. I was awakened by Amy as she is packing for camp. Now I hear...
    Aaron and Leo bantering in the kitchen,
    the sound of a newspaper being opened and the wrinkles being shaken out,
    Ryan's calf, bawling, wanting attention,
    one lonely fly buzzing in the window, behind the curtain, 
    and a different set of birds having a discussion over the merits of being an early bird.

Back to sleep again for another hour. . . 

Now, all I hear in an annoyingly chipper cell phone alarm going off, urging me to bound eagerly out of bed. Urging, but not succeeding. Ugh.

I am up, getting ready for work. 
I guess my point is this: 
    There are all kinds of sounds around us, some worth hearing and others are kinda annoying. I have a choice; what kind of noise am I going to make?

Love,
Dianne

      PSALM 100:  vs. 1 - 2
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands."
"Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing."


     


No comments:

Post a Comment