Wednesday, July 25, 2012

200th Blog...The Passing of Time

Today is my 200th blog post.
Two Hundred.
I think I feel a contest coming on.
How about you?

Food?
Home decor?
Post-It Notes?
Coffee?
Flowers?

Think, think, think. . .
What to do, oh what to do. .

What do I write about today on this momentous occasion? What comes to mind is the passing of time and how quickly it goes. (Unless you are at work, of course, and time couldn't possibly move any slower.)  When I started vintageDandelion, I didn't know exactly where it would take me, but I do know that I am still excited about the journey. Sometimes I do get worried that I will run out of things to say.

Then I laugh. After all, when have I ever not had something to say?







Over the past two weeks, I have noticed my girls developing a new skill. French braiding hair. I have always been the Braid Queen at this house, but even as I write this, Amy is braiding my hair. She braided Heather's hair. At camp last week, she braided her camper's hair. She even did her own hair last evening. Adrienne has also learned and I saw beautiful plaits on her head yesterday.





Sigh. I think this queen has been dethroned.

It's funny, because I think of how many times they came and asked if I'd braid their hair, and I'd sigh a long-suffering sigh and do it like I was a martyr of sorts. Usually, this was because they would come and ask me at either a really early hour of the morning, or unusually late at night after I was in bed. Lately though, I have been trying to braid hair with a willing heart and use it as a time to be with my girls. And just when I get this great attitude about braiding hair, my girls learn to do it for themselves.

I think I'll sigh again.

Time passes, life continues, and my children grow. But it's good, really good. Every single day is a day to grow, to learn something new, to master something, to change what I don't like, and be thankful for what I do.

Sigh. A good sigh that brings a shimmer of tears, and makes my heart beat a steady rhythm of contentment.

Love,
Dianne

PS. I haven't forgotten about this being #200. I still want to do a contest. My girls have suggested "Knock You Naked Brownies". Yeah, I thought that would get your attention. They got mine, and oh, are they yummy. Be warned though, when you eat them, you better close the curtains and stay inside the house.


So, what do you need to do? Leave a comment on the blog site or Facebook, join the blog as a member, "like"it, share it, etc. Just so I have a name. Then I'll give it until Saturday July 28th and draw a name out. Or three. : ) I like giving gifts.  {Di}


7 comments:

  1. Still enjoying your blog Dear Diane! AND from the sound of those brownies, think I just might enjoy them too! Enter me in that contest, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY! And thanks Phebe! I enjoy your birds nest updates too :)
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I hope I get a chance to sample them! Jencene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm....I'll comment on ANY post that's offering brownies as a possible prize ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't need the extra calories, but who could resist such a name?! :-). do you ship to Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twila, I sure do! Ship to Atlanta that is :)
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete