Friday, July 20, 2012

Just Drink It Already.

Drinking water is healthy. Boring, but healthy.  I try to drink eight glasses of water everyday and most of the time I am not successful. I. Hate. Drinking. Water.

Unless I am really, really hot and thirsty, I feel like I am forcing myself to do the healthy thing. I have read all the benefits of this fine beverage and I know why it's good for you. I know that my physical being is 70% water and it is a necessity of life, but I still don't like to drink it.

What's a woman to do?

Is it an acquired taste? I used to detest coffee. I know, weird. Maybe I could acquire a taste, a thirst for water. I've tried adding flavor packets to the bottled water, but I think they leave a funny aftertaste. I haven't tried lemon slices yet.

I wonder if the water used when making coffee or tea counts as "drinking water". It should, if it doesn't. Or eating jello. . . when it dissolves, it's basically water. Really, it's not much different than adding a flavor packet.

What about taking a bath? I am sure you absorb some of the water through your skin. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Swimming could be the new way to get your water allotment for the day.

Or I could just learn to like water and drink it. So far today, I have drunk zero water (unless you count my coffee). I am soon going out on the road for some home visits and I think I'll take 4 bottles of chilled water along. I will challenge myself.

I only see one problem with that plan. You see, the more I drink, the more I need to find a bathroom. RIGHT NOW! That is no fun when you are along a highway. I will admit to making a mad dash into a wooded area to find relief, but that is no fun either. Rather embarrassing actually.

8 cups.
64 ounces.
2 quarts.
1/2 gallon.
1.9 liters.
2000 ml.
128 Tablespoons
384 teaspoons

No matter how you put it, it stills seems like a lot of water to me. But, for my health, I'll give it a try.

Love,
Dianne

“There is no water in oxygen, no water in hydrogen: it comes bubbling fresh from the imagination of the living God, rushing from under the great white throne of the glacier. The very thought of it makes one gasp with an elemental joy no metaphysician can analyse. The water itself, that dances, and sings, and slakes the wonderful thirst--symbol and picture of that draught for which the woman of Samaria made her prayer to Jesus--this lovely thing itself, whose very wetness is a delight to every inch of the human body in its embrace--this live thing which, if I might, I would have running through my room, yea, babbling along my table--this water is its own self its own truth, and is therein a truth of God.” 
 George MacDonald


No comments:

Post a Comment