Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas in The Cove Part II


Christmas with my family is over for another year. To that I say, "Onward and upward into 2013!"
Spending time with my parents and sisters on Sunday was a good way to end out a year and catapult me into the next. Here is a few reasons why:

1.) I (as we all did) ate too much of my mom's delicious, down-to-earth, honest-to-goodness Mennonite
      home cooking.
Goal for 2013: Exercise more, so I can eat more. Oh, it doesn't work that way? Well, it should. 

2.) We played games and it was actually fun. I had forgotten what playing games was like.
Goal for 2013: Take the time to play a game or two with my crew. All work and no play makes for a grouchy mother bear. We don't want to go there again. 

3.) Hearing my dad read from Luke 2...always a treasured memory. Also having him say the dinner
      blessing and praying for our family.
Goal for 2013: Don't stop with Luke 2. Keep reading. Keep praying, aloud with my own children.

4.) We slept on floors and couches, air mattresses and body pillows. We even survived.
Goal for 2013: Go camping, at least once, with all of us crammed into a tent, or a cabin with friendly little mice for company. Not that my parent's had mice or anything. 

And with that, here's just a few more pictures to share...



Leo, Amy and my sister Roxie before the great present unwrapping moments occurred.
My sister Valerie, her hubby Eric and Samuel along with the dog, Chloe.
Sister Kim, Mom, sister Roxie and Dad;
These are the ones that did not brave the hill on sled.
Next year...there's always next year.
Be afraid, very afraid,
and pray for rain.


Getting advice?
Personally, I think they were exchanging recipes.

My Mama, listening to my Dad read from the Bible, Luke 2

Ryan, my pajama boy, listening and waiting.

Amy

Aaron 'n Lisa-Anna (hiding her face).
She can hide, but I will get her later...
Gotcha!
Playing a European Travel by Train game (or something like that).
Amy won, I came in fourth.
Okay, okay it was completely last place, but "fourth" sounds better.

Onward and Upward 2013!
Love, Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment