Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas in The Cove Part I

Remember the days of buying film for the camera? You had 36 chances to take the perfect picture. There were no retakes, no delete, no preview. What you got was what you got. Then along came digital cameras and it is nothing to take, oh how about 122 pictures. In a matter of a single day, no less. 

So for those that wonder what we do in The Cove during he holiday season, wonder no more. 
For it is at these times that we get-together just to be together, 
to laugh until we are crying, 
to eat Amish church cookies and pecan tarts until we are groaning (but still smiling), 
to cuddle with a nephew, to play Dutch Blitz and a hilarious game of Cow,
to sleep in piles of blankets and pillows, 
to eat cheese bunnies (No, I don't know why they are called that. I don't want to know.)
and to nearly get an eye poked out with the plug from an air mattress. 
Okay, maybe that you didn't always wonder about. 

So here it is, Part I of our family adventure. 
Enjoy! I know we did. 
In the words of my three youngest:
          "It was crazy fun!"
          "FUN!"
          "Relaxing" (I think she has repressed the memory of trudging up the long, slippery slope over   
                               and over, dragging a sled behind her.)

Heather 'n' Sam


Yep, cheese bunnies



Amy
Ryan................................................Eric 'n Sam

Your's truly! (Smiling before the 7 people on one inner tube crash;
let's just say that my face and the snow were quite intimate.)


Amy, Heather and Lisa-Anna
Well, maybe this is what Amy meant by "relaxing".

Awwww....schweet.

Yes, this is my gang.
Heather :)

Look out below!!!!!!!!!!
And on that note, I am headed to bed because "fun" and "crazy-fun" make this mama sleepy.
Only 108 photos to go!

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment