Thursday, January 31, 2013

Feeling Pinterest-y

Pinterest is addictive. 
Pinterest is fun.
The snow is blowing and I need a plan. 
I know!
Chalkboards and Cinnamon Rolls.
(Not necessarily in that order)

Start with a frame and tape the edges that you don't want to be a chalkboard. 
Easy right? 

Spray with chalkboard paint. Do a light coat and do it about 2-3 times.

Then when that is dry, cover it up with newspaper and spray paint the frame part with 
whatever color you desire. I picked an aqua/tealish blue. 
Actually it was called "Blue Ocean Breeze"
I had to keep touching this up because I got blue on the chalkboard part,
then chalkboard on the blue part, then blue (again) on the chalkboard....
You get the idea. 
I thought it would be easy. 


 These are some of the other frames I took apart to paint and to give the chalkboard treatment. I figured out that doing it in the basement let me avoid the mysterious headache that occurred when I did this in my kitchen. Go figure. 
















These are the frames to the above, newly sprayed glass, now chalkboards.
Aren't they pretty?

I love the detail on the edge of this one. 
It just makes me happy. 

To test them out, I used them at my Pampered Chef Get-Together. 
Ryan, using chalkboard ink, decorated this one. 

Oh, and I did mention Cinnamon Rolls, right? 
Another Pinterest inspiration because we all know that even though the thought should be inspiring, 
a picture really takes the cake, so to speak. 


 I haven't made Cinnamon Rolls for a very, very, very, very long time. 
Because it might not happen again for a very, very, very long time, 
I made sure that I made enough this time. 



Oh my. Mmmmmm.
Where's the coffee?
How many can I eat in a day?

 Love,
Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment