Friday, November 23, 2012

The Day After, Before, and Until

The Day After Thanksgiving.
    Yes, I ate turkey yesterday, in-between sleeping. 
Black Friday.
No, I was not shopping at midnight or in the wee hours of the morning. I thought about it, but I was just not organized enough to do so. 
The Day Before the First Day of Maryland Hunting Season.
     Yes, my family hunts, although I do not. I just never did.
32 Days Until Christmas.
     Yes, I have some Christmas shopping done, but this year feels like a last-minute kind of year. 
Today.
     So what does today hold?

I am thankful I didn't have to work my on-call last night. So thankful. I was actually going to be leaving my house at 9:30pm to head to work when my phone rang at about 9:15 and I was reprieved. Of course, the three times the phone rang after that, I just knew it was work calling me in, but I am truly thankful it was not. So, that means I got to sleep last night.

Sleep, what a glorious affair.

I am at present listening to Flamenco guitar music (Don Soledad), eating Greek yogurt (chocolate chunk) with bananas and granola, thinking about brewing a cup of coffee. I have some charting to do for Job #2 and a home visit later this morning. I work at Job #1 this evening. In-between, I should pull some Christmas decorations out of the attic, wrap some presents for the Sunday get-together, get some groceries for the same get-together, order Nutcracker tickets. . .

Feeling Overwhelmed. Not a glorious affair.

I pause.  

Psalms 118:5  When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; He brought me into a spacious place.

I breathe. 


Psalms 110:1-2  Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.

I will spend about 2 hours driving today for work. What an opportunity to shout, to worship, to sing, to praise. To be thankful on this day...
The Day After Thanksgiving.
Black Friday.
The Day Before the First Day of Md Hunting Season.
32 Days Until Christmas.
Today. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment