Friday, November 9, 2012

Yes, I Like Red Cars

Sniffle.
Sneeze.
Cough.
I do not do "sick".
It is true what they say: "Nurses make the worst patients."
And why do I get sick on what looks to be a lovely weekend? This inquiring mind wants to know.
I could post a picture of me, sick, in bed, covered in a pile of blankets, armed with tissues, books and my laptop, but I won't.
Why?
Because then you would see me with kleenex plugging my leaky faucet of a nose. Not pretty. Not pretty at all.
I think I am simply rundown with an immune system that is dragging it's weary feet. Working four nights in a row will do that. Not sleeping much today will do that. Not eating right and drinking enough water will do that. Burning the candle at both ends will do that. Having a few other members of the family with the same thing doesn't help my cause either.
Maybe we (I) get sick because then I have to slow down; the choice has been taken from me.
So, I will sleep, drink tea, and recover.
Will I learn to slow down and take care of myself? Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath here.
You see, I am stubborn. I think I am invincible. I may not be Wonder Woman, but I am In Denial Woman and I think once I feel better, then I am cured forever. Besides, I have too much to do to be sick. Ever.

So, as I lay here, I think I will answer another random Facebook Question. This one was from Felicia Schrock. Describe my dream car. 
I have thought a lot about that this week as I put almost 500 miles on my car. My dream car(s) actually change with my mood. So....
For work: I actually am quite happy with Scarlet. She is red, she is All-Wheel Drive, she has a good CD player, decent gas mileage. However (sorry Scarlet), what would make her even better is if she was like the Knight Rider car (remember Kitt?) To be able to program in a destination and have my car drive me there while I slept would be beyond amazing.

For a drive in the country:
1920 Oakland 34C Roadster; S/N; Maroon, Black fenders/Black leather; Black leatherette top

Can't you see me with vintage clothing on, a large brimmed driving hat secured to my head with a scarf, it's long flowing ends trailing behind in the breeze as Leo and I explore the countryside. Sigh.

My unrealistic, but "oh what an awesome car" dream:
I want a car that growls when you ignite the engine. I want it to glide effortlessly around curvy roadways while going faster than the legal recommendation. A Corvette will do nicely.

And last but not least is a Chevy Nova; this one is a 1970. I just like it. Period.

And there you have it, my Dream Car(s). But like real life, you make the best with what you have been given. I guess that means I should be a good patient too.
Sniffle, cough, sneeze.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment