Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Know Who I Am Voting For...


I am voting for Ryan Maust for "President for A Day"."
"Why?' you may ask. And this is what I will answer: 

He's a ton of fun in the kitchen, although wearing clothing would be a better option here:

He occasionally cleans his closet, thus helping the environment.

He promotes rest and well-being, although he does not endorse vegetable eating. 

He knows how to make a mess.
He even cleans it up when asked.
(Most of the time)

And the best reason to vote for Ryan? 
(besides the fact that he is cute, funny, loving, crazy, and just a good kid?) 
 I don't know about you, but how can anyone resist a campaign speech like this one? 

“If I were president for one day I would make easy laws to follow. And I would eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with my family. And I would tuck my kids in for bed and kiss them good night. But when I have nothing else to do I would go bowling. Another thing is I would get in my office and work but sometimes I might fall asleep but if I had coffee I would stay awake. And that’s what I would do if I was president for one day.” The End
by Ryan Maust, age 9
Grade 3

My favorite part was how his family was a priority. The candidate I want to vote for would be spending his last day before election eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with his family and then tucking 'em into bed, instead of running all over the country trying to get one last vote.

Today, November 6th, I am thankful for the right to vote, 
and the freedom to make choices. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment