Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday "Roll" Call

Today is Sunday August 26th and here's how I roll.

Hours of sleep I got since 5:00pm yesterday: Two

Lunch: Sauteed zucchini, tomato slices and leftover mac n cheese.
Coffee: Of course; Toasted Marshmallow Cappuchino.
Favorite lazy activity: Catching up on Facebook and a few favorite blogs.
Book I am currently reading: Indivisible by Kristen Heitzmann.
Project I am working on: Putting together the info on Lewis C. Bender (Leo's grandpa) for a book.
Drinking right now: Plain old boring water.
What I want to be drinking right now: Another cup of coffee.
Color my toenails will be in about an hour: a reddish-brown called Canal Street by NYC colors
Need to: Finish school shopping later today (school starts tomorrow!)
Thought in my head right now: My definition of a quiet night and God's definition are two different things
I really should: Head to the Maust cabin to hang out with family for a little while.
Why I am still sitting here: I am simply too tired to think about driving to the cabin.
What I am hearing: A truck downshifting from far off, branches hitting the window, a lonely cricket.
Last junk food I ate: Cake at work with buttercream icing.
Now I am thinking about: My mom and dad on their trip. Such a random thought, but it makes me pause and say a prayer for them.

Our lives our made up of details, moment by moment, thought by thought. Just stop sometime and think about what you are doing, why you are doing it, and how that effects the next detail in your life. Pretty heavy stuff, huh?


Before I was even born, God knew the details of my life.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5 NIV

Now I know I am not a prophet, but the point is, God knew and cared about details before I even was. My everyday life has purpose, as does everybody's life. Purpose. Meaning. Even in the seemingly unremarkable stuff of life and for that I am thankful. 


Days that I feel like "What is the point?!", like when I am doing the dishes again, picking up the same clothes off the floor that I just washed the week before, or just cooking another meal, I need to remember to find joy in the midst of the mundane. Delight in the details. 


"This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot." Ecclesiastes 5:18 NIV
And that, my friends, is how I roll.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment