Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Lady of Leisure (at least for today)

I am being quite lazy today, and oh, does it ever feel nice. Really, I don't do this nearly enough. Maybe if I did, I would feel better prepared to meet the rest of life head on, instead of head down, weary to the core. Today was spent:
          -waking up at the Maust cabin after an impromptu overnight camp-out.
          -enjoying the crisp morning air filled with the promise of Autumn just around the corner.
          -eating grilled potatoes, squash, mushrooms, peppers and eggs with Texas toast.
          -enjoying a steamy cup of coffee.
          -reading a Terri Blackstock novel, Dawn's Light.
          -driving home with a vehicle loaded to the limit with blankets, food, pillows and kids.
          -going for a hike through the woods and fields.
(Oops, that reminds me that I traipsed through poison ivy, twice, in flip-flops. I'll be back; I feel the need to wash my feet.)
Okay, that's better, although I don't have a good feeling about it. If you'd like to see some fine          specimens of the poison ivy plant, come on over. Now, where was I?
          -relaxing again with my book whilst the girls watch The Fellowship of The Ring.
          -and right now?
  I am smelling chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove. The house is quiet except for an occasional outburst  of laughter from the girls. Leo is somewhere with The Lancaster Farmer newspaper and I am lounging on the bed, with my laptop, writing. There are still a few hours left in the day; what should I do?

But wait, do I really have to do anything?
Nah, that's what the rest of the week is for.

Love,
Dianne


         


No comments:

Post a Comment