Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of the The Rest of The Year



We survived the first day of school. Not that I thought we wouldn't, but you never can tell with these things. Here's how it went:

1. Everyone was up on time, with time to spare.
2. Zorro, Merrylegs, Buddy and Cocoa were all fed.
3. So were Amy, Heather and Ryan.
4. They did not eat the same things, unless you count hay and grass as cereal, and calf formula as      milk. Okay, that is kinda the same. Weird. Hmmm, now that's food for thought.
5. The traditional "first day of school" photos were taken.
6. The photos were taken with cooperation. Amazing.
7. They all headed up the lane together in the misty morning air.
8. I went back in the house, hearing nothing but silence.
9. Suddenly the door came open and Heather was there, breathless from running back down the lane.
10. She forgot her gym bag.
11. Did she forget anything else? "No" was the reply. Famous last words.
12. I drove her up the lane to meet up again with the others.
13. And they were off to school.
14. I went back to the house, started to make my coffee when I saw Heather's knee pads and ankle supports for volleyball practice. Remember #11?
15. I got some breakfast, did some work for Tender Loving Home Care and left for home visits.
16. On the way, I dropped off Heather's volleyball stuff.
17. Fast forward a few hours. Now we are all home again, home again jiggity-jig.
18. They all say they had a good day. All three have new kids in their classes. This is a big deal when your class size is between 15-25 students.
19. I only have 462 papers to sign x 3.
20. Planner is signed for Ryan, backpacks are made ready, clothing is picked out for tomorrow.
21. In bed by 9:30. Whew.
22. Day 1 is complete; only 179 more to go.

She came, she saw...

...she conquered! (11th grade, that is.)

 Look out 8th Grade!

That's right.  

As for 3rd Grade...

...psssshhh...I own the 3rd Grade!






To Amy, Heather and Ryan,
Make it all count! Enjoy it. Learn. Love. Laugh. Eat portion controlled cafeteria food. I'll be praying! (Not just because of the cafeteria food either.)
Love, Mom

And Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment