Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Week of the Uninspired

Uninspired.
Utterly and completely uninspired.
Mundane.
Unimaginative.
That's me this week and I am starting to get on my nerves.
What makes me this way?
Let's see...
     -too many night shifts in a row,
     -too little time,
     -dirty dishes in disarray,
     -laundry piles that accumulate faster than rabbits,
     -math,
     -wilted, tired plants,
     -dust,
     -crows,
     -rap music,
     -pantyhose,
     -socks with holes,
     -lima beans,
     -bills,
     -constant grumbling...
Oh wait, that's kinda what I am doing isn't it?
Oops.
Okay, enough of that. The time has come, the time is now (thank you Dr. Suess) to be inspired.
But, by what?
Let's see...
     -sn organized kitchen,
     -folded, and put away, laundry.
     -flowers,
     -the scent of vanilla,
     -an omelet stuffed with vegetables,
     -coffee,
     -encouragement from a friend,
     -new fabric,
     -scrapbook paper,
     -vintage china dishes,
     -Pinterest,
     -a walk,
     -fried squash and peppers,
     -Celtic music,
     -a good book,
     -castles. . .
   
    ... and that's just to name a few.
Inspiration comes from what I enjoy, what makes me think, and what makes me wish and dream. It is easy though, to become discouraged by what doesn't get done, what I don't have time for, what I never get accomplished. Discouragement is probably the biggest inspiration killer that there is.

So what am I going to do about it?
Eat an omelet loaded with peppers for breakfast, enjoy a cup of coffee, eat lunch off vintage china, take a walk to get the mail, play Celtic music while I dance around the kitchen (cleaning it of course), and take a break to read a chapter or two.

It's all in a days work after all.
So get up, get moving.
Be inspired.
And whatever you do, don't eat lima beans for lunch.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment