Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cosmos in September and Other Things

I drove home this morning, through the fog and the morning mist, a Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand.
Yes, this morning a stop at Starbucks was in order. I parked my car, and only very briefly thought about how nice it would be to sleep when the memory of the last coffee stop hurtled through my drowsy thoughts.

Did I need CPR? No. I was now wide awake and propelling myself inside to order a Fall time treat. I waited while the coffee machines perked and the cappuccino maker whirred.  As the whipped cream  topped my pumpkin drink and a sprinkle of cinnamon was added as a finishing touch, I debated sitting and reading the New York Times. It just seemed right somehow.

In the end, I skipped the paper and just went back out to the car to continue trekking towards home, listening to the soundtrack for Sherlock Holmes. I sipped and I savored the rest of the way home. Bliss.

Arriving home, I was greeted by this sight.
Late to be planted, late to bloom, but I think I am loving Cosmo's in September.

This sight of the pond, mist swirling over the surface in the chilly morning sunlight, was entirely welcome to this weary woman's eyes. It is one of the reasons I love to come home.


Morning fog pierced by sun
Pumpkin Spice just for fun
Misty pond for all to see
Making me glad just to "be". 

And now I've slept for a while and I've awoken to the sound of Leo, Aaron, and Ryan cooking up something yummy smelling in the kitchen. This is another reason I like coming home after work; hearing my family live life on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe they will bring me "Lunch in Bed". . . or I could just be dreaming.

...three hours later...

Alarm is annoying, snooze is hit and I need to get up. I am already thinking about tomorrow morning and returning home, because whether or not it is a lovely Autumn morning, and even if it is dreadfully dreary, there really is no place like home.

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment