Friday, June 8, 2012

You don't need the boots!

At 2:13pm today, I realized that this evening I need to be in three different places almost simultaneously. I am not sure how it happened, but happen it did.

At 5:30pm, I am to meet someone to pick up some papers that I need.
At 6:00pm, I plan to attend a 31 Party.
I also said I would take a meal in for a family with a new baby; it suits them at 6:30pm.

I joke around sometimes about not having my Wonder Woman cape and boots on, but today I could really use them. To top it all off, I have a nightshift/not enough coffee kind of a headache and I'd like to take a nap.

I did this to myself. Sometimes I forget that I am not Wonder Woman. In fact, I am not even close. Instead, I am Dianne, a pretty normal human being with an overbooked evening that I need to manage.

First things first. I am writing this because it helps me get my focus refocused. And because I believe in multi-tasking, I am drinking a cup of strong coffee with homemade vanilla nut creamer while I type. I think I know what I am going to make for supper (chicken breasts, au gratin potatoes and some kind of vegetable) and I am going to enlist Heather to help me. If I plan it right, and get Adrienne to deliver the food, I can still make the rendezvous (which sounds so much more exciting than meeting) at 5:30 and get to the party at 6:00.

I think I have a plan.

Except for dessert. Hmmmm. That's what Springs Store bakery is for, right? Because, even if I had on the Wonder Woman suit, I still couldn't do it all and sometimes it's okay to take a few shortcuts along the way. Accepting my limitations actually gives me more freedom because I don't get so hung up on being all, and doing all.

It is now 2:33pm and I need to get moving. I'd say moving and grooving but I can't groove without the Wonder Woman boots and I seem to have misplaced them, again.

But then again, who needs them?

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment