Saturday, June 2, 2012

15,347 Days

Yesterday was my birthday.
I have lived for 15,347 days.
In the big scheme of things, that doesn't seem like much does it?
It's got me thinking though.

Am I where I thought I'd be twenty years ago?
What do I plan to do with the next twenty years of my life?
That's 7,300 days by the way.

I know that twenty years ago, I had one child and had been married for 3 1/2 years. I planned to be a wife and mother and had no plans of college. I wanted to take care of my family and write a book.

Fast-forward twenty years. I have five children, some of who are now more adult than child, I have been married 23 1/2 years, and I have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Still, no book. Not exactly where I thought I'd be now is it?

My life has taken me to Louisville KY doing mission work, a farm in PA milking cows, and a nursing school in MD. I have learned to play a little piano, and I have learned to love gardening. I have read many books and listened to more music than I ever dreamed of. I can ballroom dance, even if only just a little. Life has been busy and full of, well, life. 


Like each of us, I only have one life. What am I going to do with it? I can't go back and change what I have already done, not that I would really want to. Of course, there are moments and times in my life, I wish I could do again, or respond to differently than I did, but I can't, so why dwell there?

I have today, tomorrow, and the next twenty, thirty, or even sixty years ahead of me. I can learn from my mistakes, I can build on the foundations already established, I can grow and learn every single day. If I have dreams and goals, what's stopping me?

I want to be the woman that God created me to be.
I desire to be where God wants me to be.
I will continue to seek out His ways, His Word, His plans for me.
Because. . .


"...I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


I love that God loves me, whether I am 20 years old and just getting my life started, or 42 years old and just getting my life started.

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment