Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's Officially Time To Celebrate Summer

Today is the First Day of Summer!
Celebrate. . . 
          the longest day of the year,
          the summer sunshine,
          the heat,
          wearing breezy tops and a favorite pair of shorts,
          flip-flops,
          iced coffee,
          ice-cream cones,
          popsicles,
          wildflowers,
          bumblebees,
          bike rides on railroad trails,
          the ferny smell of the woods,
          convertible cars,
          garden hoses,
          front porch siestas,
          chasing fireflies after dark,
          summer reading programs at the library,
          dancing in the moonlight,
          a hammock in a shady hideaway,
          thunderstorms and displays of lightning,
          fireworks,
          family reunions,
          picking berries,
          corn on the cob,
          BBQ's,
          making hay,
          June,
          July,
          and August.


When I was a kid, summers lasted forever. I hope this summer gives each of you that same feeling.


Enjoy just a few of my friends as I wandered the garden this evening. . .







Love,
Dianne


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers!! (and great photography! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have so many pictures of my gardens, but I love taking new ones every year.

    ReplyDelete