Monday, June 25, 2012

Catching the Sun

My eyes are burning.
My nose is running.
My head is starting to hurt.

No, I am not getting sick.
I am melting plastic beads.
Just so you know, they really do not smell like chocolate chip cookies.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put assorted beads into cake pans.



Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the fumes cause you to start doing funny things.

Remove from oven. Be careful when you open the oven door as the aroma causes extreme watering of the eyes. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pans. We had to tap on them a little and they came out just ducky.
Ryan's Suncatcher Number 1

This one was my attempt. I like how Ryan's hand shines through.

 Oh, and how I can see his cute little face, even as he tries to hide behind it.


Here is our second go at it; I tried to do a rainbow of sorts.



And this is what we do when all the older kids are away at camp or work.
The smell wasn't really too bad, but it was strong and of course I, being brilliant, stayed in the kitchen to work, thus getting the full effect. I would recommend going to another room and eating lemon meringue pie instead. 

This was a great way to use up a ton of beads that would just sit in a drawer otherwise, and it was a fun activity to do with Ryan. He is singing, "My mom is the best and she likes to work sometimes." I am not sure what that means exactly, but I like it.  

Now, all we need to do is drill a few tiny holes and hang them outside to catch the breeze and some sunshine. 

Love,
Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment