Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Words From Ryan



Me: How was your day today?
Ryan: Good.
Me: Just good?
Ryan: Ummm, Mrs Edwards didn't get mad at us.
Me: Does she usually?
Ryan: Sometimes, but not usually. Like when we don't turn in our homework.
Me: Oooo-kay. Anything else about today?
Ryan: I was impatient to get home so I could enjoy the trampoline.
Me: …which still isn't together by the way. You just got it yesterday. Speaking of yesterday, what was special about it?
Ryan: Ummm, being my birthday?
Me: Yes. And how old are you now? 
Ryan: 10. You should know that!
Me: I do. What do you remember about being a baby?
Ryan: I got fed and I cried.
Me: Isn't it usually "I cried and then I got fed?"
Ryan: no words; just looking at me like I am weird.
Me: What do you think being 10 years old will be like? How will it be different than 8 or 9?
Ryan: You get in a higher grade.
Me: What's your favorite color, now that you are 10?
Ryan: Lime
Me: You are a boy of few words, aren't you.
Ryan: I guess.
Me: What are you doing this evening?
Ryan: Making a trampoline! And hitting a volleyball against the wall…
Me: You mean where you already broke a basement window out? 
Ryan: Uh-huh, that's right.
Me: Why don't you hit the ball out by the barn? 
Ryan: Because the rooster is there.
Me: You are just like Grandma. 
Me: I don't like the rooster up close either. 
Me: Any other words of wisdom?
Ryan: Nope.
Me: I love you.
Ryan: Okay. I love you back.






No comments:

Post a Comment