Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Patience of a Morning Glory

Patience is not always one of my better virtues. 
It is safe to say that this is one of the "fruits" that needs some attending to. 
It's not that I am always like "Give me what I want NOW!".
It's more like, "Give me what I want in my time frame, not God's"
Or, I want it (whatever "it" may be) done my way, 
and I have little patience for the one not following my lead. 
"Patience" 
What is it, really?
pa·tience
ˈpāSHəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
    "you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the dross"
    synonyms:forbearancetolerancerestraintself-restraintstoicism
    calmness,composureequanimity, imperturbability, phlegmunderstanding,indulgence
    "she tried everyone's patience"
    "a task requiring patience"


    Just wondering, really wondering, what "phlegm" has to do with patience.       
    Do you see it up there? Right alongside words like "stoicism", and "calmness", there is "phlegm". Ewww.         

    Thinking about patience, and right now I am having a hard time being patient as my laptop is putting my words off-center, 
    even after I told it to put them directly in the center. 
    Grrrrr. 

    But, that being said, being patient often has it's own reward in the end. 
    Take for an example: gardening. 
    I would love my gardens to look like this:

    …or this...

    but that takes time, and patience.
    Lots of it. 
    And I don't have a castle.

    But
    I do have a home.
    With Morning Glories that I've been waiting to see bloom all summer long.

    Yesterday…the first bloom!

    Then I am amazed by the work this plant has been doing, albeit oh so slowly.

     Impressive.

    Wouldn't you agree? 

    And to think, about 2 weeks ago, I thought the seeds I'd planted were duds. 
    What if I'd not had patience and ripped the plants out? 
    I would've missed out on a blessing. 

    Patience.
    I'll keep working on it. 

    Love,
    Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment