Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Made It Through August!

August is over, has been over for a couple days. I enjoyed the challenge of writing something every day in that month; it made me open my eyes again to the simple things around me. Not only that, but I can't say that I am remembering any really bad days where I felt the dark cloud of depression closing in. I know writing isn't for everyone, but I am in tears as I write this, just so thankful for what it has meant to me in my life. Wow. That's all I can say. I don't know why it helps me keep my perspective in line, why it helps me see that what I fear isn't so scary, why it dissipates the anger or frustration that is brewing so close to the surface.
But it does. And I am so thankful.

The written word has always been powerful. The saying, "A picture paints a thousand words" is also true as I enjoy taking photos and capturing a second to remember forever. Sometimes words aren't necessary, but together the words and the photos make up my blog. I don't have lots of ads (at least they don't pop up on my Mac; sorry if they do on other operating systems!) and I try not to get to many distractions going on. My blog is just me, living life as it comes.

But now, I go back to the first part of August. I said that if I get a post on for each day, I would have a drawing of some kind to celebrate. Because I like to celebrate, that's why. And sometimes I just want to give back, in some way, to say "thanks" for reading, because it motivates me, you inspire me.

So...it comes to this. Should I bake something? Should I make something? Should I send out Starbucks gift cards (because that's usually the only time I go there is with a gift card and it feels like such a treat when I do)?

How about an option?
     A) Chai Latte Cupcakes (because after the bridal shower, I am a pro at these)
   
 B) An old barn board with old spoons attached to use as hooks.

      
  C) Starbucks Gift Card. 'Nuff said. Some things don't need pictures. 

Here's what you need to do. Leave me a comment on Facebook (either under my name or under the vintageDandelion page), directly on the blog, or join the blog as a member. Any way you would like, just so I have a name :) . Then let me know your preference. A. B. C. Easy as pie. Or cupcakes.

Love,
Dianne


3 comments:

  1. oh my! A for me please! Latte anything sounds wonderful! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writings-they inspire me. My choice is B !!!




    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a gifted writer. I am drawn to your perspectives and am inspired by them! I am leaning towards Starbucks since I find that to be a special treat as well! Joyce Miller

    ReplyDelete