Monday, December 24, 2012

Snowy Christmas Eve

Earlier today as the snow came down, I was thankful.
Not everyone likes snow, but I do. 
I like that each snowflake is unique.
I like to think that each one was handcrafted by God.
Just like each of us. 
Unique.
Special in each our own way.
Perfect in the eyes of our Creator.
Loved.
So much so, that God sent His son Jesus to earth.
A helpless baby king,
sent to save each of us
from a fate that humankind became entrapped in. 
Sin, ugly and raw dooming each of us to a life separated from God.
Jesus, the only sacrifice worthy to erase the sins of all.
But first, He had to become man,
experience our pain, our grief.
Live the joy, the ups and downs,
to experience human life. 
He understands. 
"God with us~Emmanuel"






On this Christmas Eve,
as the music softly plays 
"O Holy Night"
I am reminded of the gift that Jesus was,
that He still is giving today,
tomorrow, 
always. 

Love, 
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment