Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cold Weather, Cool Thoughts


My breath freezes in the wind, words held in place by the frigid air. 
The thoughts stay in my mind, 
swirling like the snow squalls across the open field. 

The night before, a storm approached. 
It's edges were defined, sharp and cold as steel. 
I didn't want to venture out, but I had no choice. 

 Life is like that sometimes. 
Hard.
Cold. 
Relentless. 

But in all of that, 
all that makes me shiver,
all that makes me cold to my weary bone,
there is beauty too.

I just need to look for it. 
For in that breath that freezes in the air,
there is praise. 

God is who He says He is. 

“He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’” ~Job 37:6

“Out of the south comes the storm, And out of the north the cold. From the breath of God ice is made, And the expanse of the waters is frozen.” ~Job 37:9-10

Pretty cool, huh?



Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment