Monday, October 1, 2012

Same Place Next Year? Okay!

Yesterday afternoon, Heather and I headed to Pittsburgh to the Benedum Center for a Celtic Thunder concert. As excited as I was about the concert, I was more excited to just have a date with my daughter.  I like the time to connect while driving, while walking, while waiting. Even if we aren't having any serious life-changing conversations, it's just the "being together" part that I like as we are doing something we both enjoy.

We laughed at dumb stuff, like when we thought the man with the cane was going to whack us when really all he was doing was lifting it as he walked. Or the girl with stiletto heels who stepped back into a street grate. (She didn't fall or even break a heel, but she did try to blend into the crowd a bit more after that.)  Our sense of direction was challenged when we retraced our steps to find out parking garage, only to simply walk in a perfect rectangle around the Benedum building.

Yeah, that went well.

We laughed (tactfully and secretly,of course) at the girl beside Heather who was either crying (no idea why) and dramatically emotional or busting out with a horse-like whinny of laughter. People-watching with Heather is always interesting. Look at the man with the green pants and shirt. Oh wait, that's just his shoes. Just how short are his legs? Of course my thoughts were like, "What if I climbed over this railing and stood on the ledge? Do you think anyone would notice?" 

One of my goals has been to drive into the Cultural District of Pittsburgh without getting lost. I am happy to announce that last night I did just that!!!! I was so excited. No detours. No illegal u-turns. Just straight and easy, right to the parking garage. My next goal is to leave Pittsburgh and get on 376E without getting lost.

I am still working on that one. Next time, there is always next time.

I know there will be a next time because I love the theater. I love going to a show with my family as a gift to them. I like giving tickets and time instead of more stuff. The challenge is finding the right show at the right time, in the right place, for the right person. Kinda like giving a medication at the hospital....but so much more fun!

We had planned to find someplace more theater-like to eat before the show. I scoured the internet and found a few nice (but ridiculously expensive!) possibilities. So, where did we end up going to feast? Da dun da daaaa....wait for it....wait for it....

McDonalds.
Yep.

The concert? Awesome. Great. Fun. Fabulous singing and entertaining show. Can't wait until next year!

The food? Well, Starbucks, on the way there, was delicious.

The drive? Uneventful. I didn't even get pulled over for speeding in a construction zone this time.

The company? Superb! I loved every minute spent with Heather and I love the connections we made.
So what do you say Heather? Same place next year? I'll save you a seat.


Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment