Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One mouse, One Fat Groundhog and 3 Cats

(Sung to the tune of "Three Blind Mice")
One dead mouse
One dead mouse
See how he sits
See how he sits
Perched upon the lady's bra
In the closet over by the wall
He died of natural causes
One dead mouse 
One dead mouse. 

And that would be how my morning started. Imagine standing in the closet doorway, looking down to your left and realizing a very alive looking mouse is perched on one of your unmentionables. It was so tiny and cute that I didn't even scream. I just moved away slowly, very slowly, and looked for something to catch it in. I did wonder why it didn't scurry away but thought it was just scared.

As it turns out, he was petrified. Literally. At least he still smelled fresh. 

I found a slipper and when I thought he would scamper into it, thinking that the soft grey fuzziness of the slipper would look like home, the little fella just rolled stiffly into it. It made me a little sad. He was so tiny. And cute. For a mouse. 

Then, later today...

One fat groundhog
One fat groundhog
See how he eats 
See how he eats
All the lovely perennials 
Nibbled right down to the very earth
The farmers' wife is getting annoyed at 
One fat groundhog
One fat groundhog.

Until....Amy took aim with a 22 Rifle and the fat groundhog has nibbled his last. 
The best part though? Seeing Aaron outside in his red bathrobe with the little black Scottie dogs all over it, helping Amy out. What a sight to drive in the driveway and see. 

I took a picture on my phone, thought about posting it, but figured someone with a red bathrobe would get me back. I wouldn't know when, I wouldn't know how, but he would find a way. Of course, if I ever see you on the street and I have my phone...

Two rodents in one day. Seriously? What is it about my place that they all like? And what are my cats doing? Inviting them for a play date? 

Three Gray Cats
Three Gray Cats
See how they play 
See how they play
They have a tea party
With groundhogs and mice
Including catmint and other spice
They were all having the time of their lives
Three Gray Cats
Three Gray Cats.

And on that note...

Love,
Dianne

P.S. If you were looking for a point, or some deep hidden meaning in all this, you may as well know that it is probably not going to happen. 

P.S. Just saying. 





No comments:

Post a Comment