Thursday, February 12, 2015

If Only "I"

Day 9, Letter I.

If. 
If only.
If only I...

If only I had written last night, then I wouldn't be a day behind AGAIN!
I have decided that I say "I" way too much.  You don't think about it until you go to write something, anything and you start to wonder just how self-centered you are. Do you notice how I keep saying "you" instead of  "I"?  Sneaky huh?

Actually, I have noticed it frequently when I write. So many statements begin with  "I". It is a little unavoidable I guess when a blog is written about one's life experiences, but it does make me think. 

In a world of "selfies" and Facebook that want to know what I am thinking, it becomes difficult to not focus on oneself. When we are told to "Look out for Number 1", I am pretty sure it doesn't mean God, your husband, your wife or your children.

It should.

I find it difficult some days to take the focus off of "me" but on the days that I do, I am happier and have a joy that is not quite explainable. I find that when I do this, somehow it ends up coming back around and the parts of me that need some TLC are taken care of.

Just. Like. That.

Funny thing though. When I went on a search for quotes about "putting others first", it gave me many thoughts on why taking care of oneself first is important. Because "if you put others first, it is only reminding them that you are second." No kidding; that's what it kept giving me. Basically, putting others first really means (in worldly terms), to put your own self first because then you'll never be fit to care for anyone else anyhow.

I think I will stick with God's word on this one. One version said "outdo one another in showing honor". I like that.


https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAYQjB0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.priorityministries.com%2Fchristian-womens-blog%2Fscripture-art-romans-1210%2F&ei=6xXdVNanFcyqgwTA8ICgDw&bvm=bv.85970519,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNGAFLAMsLAL_fS9sOAM8d3lW2KNzQ&ust=1423861592297615

Love, 
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment