Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Favoring a few "F" words.

Here I am, a few letters and days behind. Sunday was supposed to be Day 6, Letter F. Now it's Tuesday so my goal today is F, G, H in three separate posts but in one day. Here's Letter F


Finally, the day was here and Heather's Christmas gift was going to be redeemed. 
She and I debated our outfits, changing numerous times in the course of an hour. 
Somehow we managed to get out the door only 15 minutes later than we intended. 

Our destination?
The Benedum Center for the Performing Arts. 

Our performance?
The Ballet of Beauty & The Beast presented by the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre. 
(Too bad the letter of the day isn't B.)

A few words come to mind. 
Fancy and Fun,
Fabulous and Fantastic. 



 Who doesn't love a good chandelier? 
The Benedum is just Fabulous.
Walking in always takes me back in time just a little. 
I have decided when I retire in 20+ years that I want to be one of the usherettes. 
I would look good with silvery white, blue-tinted hair don't you think? 
And I would get to wear one of the usherette outfits, complete with a little bow tie. 
I already have the volunteering webpage bookmarked. 
Just in case. 

And speaking of Fabulous...
I may have found a potential Favorite restaurant. 
Heather and I have always had a goal of getting to Pittsburgh for an event, 
going to a nice Cultural District restaurant and then attending our show. 
This has never happened. 
We are never early enough. 
But this time, we had an afternoon show and we ate after the show. 
We couldn't decide though for a while and while we checked the phone for locations,
we kept walking and pausing as though we were looking at upcoming show posters. 
The look we were going for was inconspicuous, like we belong in the city. 
I am not sure that we succeeded. 
 
We did however succeed in finding Alihan's Mediterranean Cuisine.
After an appetizer of Turkish bread that we dipped in olive oil with pesto and crushed walnuts, 
Heather got an Italian inspired Eggplant Parmesan, stuffed with spinach, ricotta, tomato marmalade, topped with fresh mozzarella with a fresh salad on the side. 

I got a Chicken Saute that was chock full of sauteed onions, green peppers,
 garlic and mushrooms in a cream sauce with almond rice on the side. 
Mmmmmmm. 

Dessert?
Of course. 
We shared some Tiramisu.
It was lovely. 

Fun, Fancy, Fabulous, Fantastic. 
Time spent with my girl. 
The Ballet.
The food.
The atmosphere.
But most of all, time spent with my girl. 
Did I already mention that?

Love, 
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment