Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Mostly Like This Time of Year

The leaves are mostly off the trees. 
The air is mostly cooler.
The days of summer are feeling far behind and there is 
a glimmer of winter hovering about. 
It's Mid-Autumn and I am mostly liking it. 

The gardens are slowly being put to bed for the winter.
Tonight my hands have that "I-dug-in-the-dirt-without-gloves" kind of roughness 
and I am mostly not liking it. But I do like that I got the old tomato plants dug out 
and the tomato cages put in the basement. 

I more-than-mostly liked the gladiolus that bloomed in late summer. 
I finally got them dug up and tucked away in the basement for the winter. 
I more-than-mostly like that I can finally cross this off my list of things to do. 

It is a very long list.
I probably have as many to-do's as this jungle-y looking tree has leaves. 

Very Jungle-Like. 
I wish I liked them more.
They invade and take over. 
I'll share some with you if you'd like. 

What's not to mostly like about this fuzzy plant? 

It's dramatic.
It adds interest. 
It's unique. 

I always like the views of the pond. 
Sometimes I think that I need to make a water feature in my gardens.
Then I remember, "Oh, I've already mostly got that."

I am mostly satisfied with it, but sometimes I want a waterfall. 
And no snakes. 



No snakes, but I'll take the beef herd any day. 
As long as they mostly stay within their fence. 

I don't know about you, but I mostly like this time of year. 
October…mostly over.
November…mostly open. 
Bring it on!

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment