Thursday, October 17, 2013

Feeling Like a One-Tailed Rooster

Today I am feeling a lot like this poor rooster with one tail feather. I am not quite sure how he got this way, but I laughed when I saw him. I couldn't help it. There he was, trying to strut around proudly, with this one lonely, trying to be majestic tail feather flitting about in the breeze. It's still funny.

But, this is how I feel today. Like I want to be up and about, doing my thing, but instead I can barely lift my tail out of bed. Germs, I hate germs. I am not a good patient either. I crow about my ailment in a whiny way. I peck at my food. I walk around with tissues stuffed up my nose.

Not a pretty picture.



This is what I want to feel like:

It's difficult for me to stay in bed, rest and take care of myself. I know I am a nurse and I know what I tell my patients, but it doesn't apply to me. Does it?

Okay, so maybe the plan for the day has now changed from the to-do list with 18 items on it to drinking hot tea in bed with a few books, with a few naps thrown in wherever they chose.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 

I may only have one tail feather, but it's still waving. This however is not a surrender, but more of a yielding to what is best for today. Hey, if the rooster is still strutting about, I'll join him.

Tomorrow.


Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment