Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Living It A Day At A Time

My last post was June 23. Then Life happened.
Funerals,
     Reunions,
          Camping,
               Bible School,
                     Weddings,
                            Work,
                                  Play,
                                       Sleep.

Life happened. Is happening. Busy, busy, busy.

Oh, and my Mac had a weird thing going on that when I took it in to be diagnosed, behaved like a perfect gentleman. Hmmmm. Just like a kid at the doctor. So sick, until you get to the waiting room. You know how it goes.

But life is good. Busy is better than bored.

The funeral? It actually felt more like a celebration of Evan's life. One left the graveside feeling hope. Peace. Strength. God. Not the things you normally feel at a funeral, but there it was nonetheless.

The reunion? Reconnecting with people that you didn't even realize you were related too is always good. The memories shared, the places revisited, the stories remembered. All good. Life was happening in the 1800's, and was being lived in the 1900's and I realized anew how much I can learn from those that have gone before.

Camping? All part of another reunion held up on Mt Davis, this was the annual Maust 4th of July. Oh, we all ate too much, slept too little, laughed just the right amount, and enjoyed the company in abundance. How many people do you know have continuous soft-serve ice-cream available while camping? Just one of the perks of being a Maust. Oh, and making tie-dye shirts…another perk.  And I forgot about "Farmville" (Maust style)…another benefit. Yes, life was definitely lived this past weekend.

Adrienne and Kelsey enjoying Pizza a'la Grill

Bible School? Just started last night, but the preparation started long before. Leo and I helped out with props and the set. I think we should start a new venture called "Sets for Life", because you know, life happens and who doesn't need a good set? Two nights done, three more to go. Summer and Vacation Bible School go hand-in-hand. Memories are being made and oh yeah, it's good.

You never know what happens when the bride-to-be is in the dressing room!
Weddings? Well, not so much the actual wedding, but the wedding plans. I went wedding dress browsing with Aaron's bride-to-be. It was a fun day. Yes, a good day. She goes this weekend with her mom and I am sure that the memories they will make will be ones that LisaAnna will cherish.



Work? Nah, I'll skip the details. But work and life go together. I told Ryan that very thing today as we ordered a bed for his room. You need money to get it done sometimes. "No, it doesn't grow on trees." "Yes, I have to work for it."

Play? Never enough! But, working in my gardens is like playing and when the sun shines, I take advantage of it. Having a 4th of July cookout with family and friends involved some work, but the playing happened too. Tossing a volleyball around with a ballet flair? Let's just say that much laughter ensued. As did also happen when texting Aaron, who is sitting across from me at a campfire, and laughing aloud at my own silliness. Rather embarrassing but not nearly as embarrassing as beating my chest while stretching thinking no one would notice except Aaron. Inside jokes are the best, but when others get a glimpse of what makes no sense to them? Embarrassing. Just a little.








Sleep? Never enough! Ever. (Unless you are Aaron.) But I am thankful for the sleep I get because without it, all this stuff called "living" wouldn't happen.


Oh, and I forgot something. Birthdays. Happy Birthday Mom! I enjoyed the evening very much! Except for the weird guy in the corner. Don't ask. 


Ah yes, life is happening before my eyes. The days are passing rapidly and instead of always looking ahead to what all I need to get done, I am enjoying the days, one day at a time. 

 Love,
Dianne

P.S. It's good to be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment