Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Random Thursday Thoughts go something like this:
~That was the weirdest dream.
~Oh, look at the time.
~Aaahh, coffee, always time to stop at Pilot to fill up.
~Whoa, slow down, that's a police car.
~I love the old houses in this part of Allegany County.
~Someday, I AM stopping at that library.
~Oooohhh, an antique store; I'm stopping there too.
~Lost. Again. Stupid GPS.
~Okay, it was close, but why can't house numbers be posted REALLY BIG?
~Yes, yes, I know, I don't even have house numbers posted that are very visible.
~I am nervous about meeting new people.
~That was a really nice visit, and I love meeting new people.
~Mood swings much?
~Home again, home again, jiggity jig.
~Comfy clothes.
~Why is there a dog barking out by the barn?
~Why isn't Shakespeare attached to his collar?
~ACK! He's in the barn!
~No, he's out by the pond.
~He's lying still watching the herd and 35 cows, mama's and babies both, are watching him back.
~Please stay. Please stay. I don't want a stampede.
~GOTCHA!
~Oh Shakespeare, you stink!!
~Bath-time. And stop looking at me like it's my fault.
~Okay, now I need a bath. And a nap. That was hard work. Whew.
~Oh sure, go roll in the mud.
~Here come the kids.
~Why do I have to be grouchy when they come home? And smell like wet, stinky dog?
~What do I make for supper?
~Thanks Heather for offering to make supper. Pizza it is.
~Okay, laundry started, dishes done and some clothes folded.
~It's amazing how an attitude can go from smelling like Shakespeare (rotten) to roses with a prayer.
~Thanks kids. I needed that. You really have no idea how I needed that.
~Leo is home soon. Smile. Smile. Smile. I love that man.
~5 hours left until 10 pm. Use it wisely.

And that's been my day. Pretty much. How was yours?


2 Corinthians 4:16-18  New International Version (NIV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment