Monday, May 27, 2013

Memories & Memorial Day Celebrated

Sometimes it's just simple.
It's me that makes it complicated. 
I like it simple. 
Like...

...wildflowers by the side of the road...

 ...and one purple alium...

...and mossy rocks...

...and sautéed mushrooms, peppers, squash and onions...

...and a dress with ruffles that makes me feel young...

...and Sunday's spent with my family...


...and cousins...

...and silly boy faces...

...and hide-n-go-seek...

...and being greeted with a smile...

...and boys with treasures...

...and sun-dappled ferns...

...and then...
there's today. 
Memorial Day. 
Simple, in that today, we honor our soldiers, 
past and present. 
Thank you for what you have done, 
what you stand for,
that you have been willing to die for our freedoms. 
I salute you. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment