Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Death of a Trampoline

Sometimes in life, the-not-so-nice happens.
 Like when 3 of your young adult children and 1 still-a-kid kid all jump on the trampoline after supper and one of them decides to go through the trampoline…

Okay, let's back the bus up here.

It all started with a birthday supper for Aaron (whose birthday is 3/30) and Leo (whose day falls on 3/28). We planned a meal of gigantic proportion, including steak, wings, sesame noodles, stir-fried vegetables, cake and peanut butter pie. Oh, I forgot to mention the potato salad.

We were hungry.

Very hungry.

Until after supper, when we were very full.

Stuffed.

But then my aforementioned children run out, much like they did when they were 5, 7 and 10 and began jumping on the trampoline.

Did I mention that they are now almost 15, 17 and a day shy of 21? And they had just eaten a meal of gigantic proportion and all weighed more than they did before eating supper?

They laughed, they jumped, they played "Crack the Egg". Then my eldest son played "Crack the Trampoline". It was rather a surprise to him as he hadn't planned on doing a phenomenal trick that ended with a loud Riiiiiipppp. (The trampoline, not him).

I wish I had a picture of that moment. (In my imagination, it is quite funny.) I do have a picture of him with his grandma. He was assisting with the steak and asparagus, hence the apron. The silly face? I blame Leo Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. Ask Aaron sometime.

 The gathering of family was sweet, except we were missing one vital person. My newest daughter is taking a class and is out of town for a little while. She was missed :( but one has to love technology; texting at the table is sometimes quite polite. We will eat again when she gets home. Birthdays celebrated 2, 3, 5 times in a year….it is a good thing. Birthday cake without getting older. I think I may be on to something here.

Speaking of birthday cake…
Made from scratch and full of cream cheese and strawberries.
(Way better than the Rice Krispy Cake from another birthday. Don't ask Aaron; it was traumatic.)

Of course, maybe it was all the birthday cake that led to the trampoline's demise.

I should have a point to all this. Really, I should. But I don't. It's just a day in the life of my crew.
Yeah, sometimes the not-so-nice happens, but so does the opposite. I was out checking the damage this morning and if I wouldn't have, I would have missed this:

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment