Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Whine and Dine

Sometimes I just want to complain.
About things like having to run back out to the school to turn in something I've forgotten.

Or needing to purchase another washing machine because ours has washed it's last load and the laundry is knee-deep.

I even complain that I need to lose weight.

Or that I don't know what to make for supper (which obviously isn't too much of a problem if I think I need to lose weight).

Complain.
Whine.
Grumble.

But then I stop. I have to stop.
I have my home.
I have children in a school that is a good one.
I have a full tank of gas in my car to run me to the school.
I have clothes that may need washed, but I have clothes.
I have more than enough food to eat, and a variety of food at that.
(When I complain, it should be called "Whine and Dine")
I am not starving.
Really, I lack for nothing. Not really.

I may think that life is hard. And don't get me wrong, sometimes it is very hard. But when I turn my heart and my head towards being thankful, I realize how blessed, how truly blessed I am.

I find myself thinking about those who lost everything in the Philippines, about those who are fighting to be able to worship God just one more day, for the children who weep because no one loves them, and for the many that live as slaves. I know that November makes us all reflect a little more on thankfulness, but I need to remember every single day. 

I am blessed. Very blessed. Maybe not in wealth, or even always the best of health, but I am filled in abundance with the peace that only God can give. I am rich in the love of my husband and children. I am saved by the grace that abounds. I lack for nothing and when I am discontent and ungrateful, it is because I've allowed my heart to wander.

But today, I am anchoring my heart in place, to a place of thankfulness. When I open my eyes in the morning I need to say a praise of thanks to God, not a curse that another day is upon me with work and weariness. I've said it before, but I'll say it again.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalms 118:24

I have a choice. I choose to be thankful. And if I start to grumble, to complain, to whine? Remind me of all that I have been blessed with. That includes you.

And now, what to make for supper? Time to Wine and Dine. Thank You God!

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment