Saturday, November 8, 2014

To My Wootsie

This week it was my firstborn's birthday. I was 21 when she was born; now she is two years older than that. Can I just turn back time? Just a little? I remember when she was born I said, "Wow, when I turn 30, she'll be 9 years old!" Now I am a year or two (or ten-ish) past the age of thirty and I am still saying, "Wow!".


So, I was thinking about Adrienne quite often today. Here is what I decided: 

If she was a color, she'd be a jewel-toned blue hue.
She's classy, sassy and sometimes gassy. (Sorry, dear girl but it did rhyme.) Rich in personality and invitingly warm she still strives to maintains her cool regardless of the situation. From another perspective, the BH&G website color personality quiz called her "Maple Gold Yellow, the quintessential warm and inviting hue, gets a sassy spin with the maple gold palette. Inspired by autumn leaves, the palette pairs perfectly with rich neutrals for a luxe yet natural look. Or take the palette for a Moroccan spin by teaming it with daring greens, blues, and reds."

If Adrienne were a flower, she'd be a daisy which to me represents innocence, loyalty and purity. Yet, these flowers are also a bit wild, growing where they may on hillsides, rocky ledges and in ditches by the side of the road. Resilient and growing in spite of the environment that surrounds them. Sound like anyone you know?

Or she could be Queen Anne’s Lace which is a summer wild flower. She grows along the sides of highways, roads, bike trails. She grows up embankments, in fields and vacant lots. She seems particularly comfortable growing where the earth has been disturbed or affected by people, and the soil is not very rich. (http://www.flowersociety.org/queen-annes-lace-plant-study.html). That's my Adrienne. She thrives in situations and deals with difficult people with dignity and grace.

 If Adrienne were an animal, what would she be? Hmmm, I don't know about this one. We call her "Wootsie" which is Pennsylvania Dutch for "little piggy", but truly this girl of mine is not a pig. She is not messy like a pig in any way, shape or form (except when she eats.) (Just kidding.) She took an on-line quiz to see what kind of animal she is and this was the result:

"Whitetip Reef Shark
You may seem scary, but you are really quite a nice person. You can get somewhat angry, but you would never hurt anyone unless you were defending yourself."

Interesting. I never, ever thought of her in shark terms. But, I think this gives me an idea. A beaver...she is a beaver. I don't know what a whitetip reef shark and a beaver have in common but...a beaver. She is industrious, focused, and organized and if she has a dam to build, she will get the job done! It's funny, but even as a newborn, she made her own schedule. Eat 15 minutes on each side (yes, she was a breastfed baby) every three hours. She always has a plan, a blueprint for what needs done. Yes, a beaver. (Her teeth are much nicer though.)

My firstborn is so typically firstborn, she could've written the book. 
~extreme confidence
~ high achiever
~driven
~ self assured
~confident,
 - See more at: http://www.surfnetparents.com/1679/what-are-first-born-personality-traits/#sthash.bpf4GmCI.dpuf 
or you could just spend time with Adrienne and realize that yes, she did write the book. 


 I am a proud mama (in case you couldn't tell). I know that God knew exactly what I needed in my firstborn baby. He knew that Adrienne was the one for me.

I love you Adrienne, Wootsie, my Chickie, my Ms. Beaver.

Love,
Dianne aka Mama Beaver (who is not nearly so organized and is more like a dandelion and a scatter-brained squirrel.)




No comments:

Post a Comment