Wednesday, May 28, 2014

That's a Wrap!


From the start of a day
when the rooster crows
to the sunset at eve 
when day draws to a close,
I am thankful to God 
for the home He has given,
for new chicks, orange skies, and this life I am livin'
I am a farm woman
first and foremost,
though I don't drive a tractor
(of this I can't boast).
In a pinch, I can shift and grind all the gears,
though my boy is much better
at driving skid steers. 
On this particular night, 
I held the flashlight
so we could gather the bales in the field...
oh what a sight!

Big round bales to feed all the cows;
Now they need to be wrapped,
(this is no time to drowse).


This is the round-bale wrapper, a most wonderful machine...
an amazing contraption, spinning around like an amusement park attraction.
Keeping them fresh, keeping them green.
Wrapping the bales all tidy and trim
like ladies in girdles, all proper and prim.
Now this is the end,
the finished result,
Lined up in the field
Oh let us exalt!


And now, at the end of this hay bale discourse,
may I just say again "Thank You" for this exceptional resource. 
For God has provided for livestock and man
And I aim to enjoy it as long as I can!

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment