Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Driving Ms Dianne

For the last week, I have been rolling an idea around in my head.
I could hire a driver to take me home from work. My own private chauffeur.
This is how it could work:
~This person could live halfway between me and work.
~They would love to drive, just for the sake of driving.
~They would actually get paid to drive me home from work.
~In the morning, they would be waiting for me, with a cup of Starbucks, a pillow and blanket.
~And they would drive me home, while I slept. Because sleeping while not driving is preferable to what I do now, which is struggle with staying alert sometimes.

Sounds lovely, don't you think?
I could pay, let's say $10 an hour. That would start from my work and end at my house. So, about 1.25 hours. $23.30/day, 3x/week. $69.90/week. $1800.00/year.

Did I mention I'd pay for the gas it took, not counting mileage from their house to mine, or their house to my work place?

Let's see...what should my ad say?

Wanted: Reliable, responsible driver to take me to work.

Too vague.

Wanted: Reliable, responsible driver with excellent driving record (at least better than mine!) that never sleeps, texts, or talks while driving. Must like Celtic music. Must like red subaru's. Must smell good. Please do not apply if you are a new driver (new drivers make me feel nervous and carsick). Must submit to urine drug test. Yes, that is necessary. Oh, and must wear chauffeur uniform. 
Just kidding. Except for the hat. Cause, I like hats, that's why. 

Would it be worth it to me? Well, yes actually. I don't mind driving to work much as it is my time to think and pray. Driving home is not so much fun. I know I could sleep closer to Johnstown, and I have stayed with wonderful friend in the past; but to sleep in my own bed and see my family in the evening for a little while...worth it? To me, yes.

Any takers? Leo did take me home a few times, but our work schedules don't line up well. Sigh. Leo in a chauffeur hat...sigh. 

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment