Friday, March 22, 2013

SomeTIMEs it is Just Right

We missed the bus this morning.
The kitchen clock said 7:43.
The car clock said 7:49.
Adrienne said it's 7:46.
One is slow, one is fast, the other is just right.
Regardless, the girls weren't here this morning (dog-sitting), and it was up to me to get the little man out the door on time. Apparently I don't know the quirks of the clock like they do.
Okay, so really, I missed the bus.

The clock; sometimes it is my enemy. So is the calendar.
Time passes too quickly or not quick enough, and rarely, at just the right pace.
Or maybe it's just me.
I hurry. Or I drag my feet, but seldom do I just go at a normal pace that is just right.

I scurry to work; I drag myself home.
I hurry to get a meal on the table; I hurry as I eat it, but then sit, unable to get motivation to do anything.
I procrastinate to get bookwork done, or take an on-line test, but run to the bookstore for a new book.
Yikes, it is me!

Time is what it is. Hours turn into days and they pass the same every single blessed day. I am reminded that I don't want to be a slave to time and deadline, on-call and schedules. But I can be a servant.
I work, and this includes the dreaded on-call and extra time, but I can go with a heart beating to serve others, hopefully with a smile. Sometimes this feels impossible, but it is then that I tell myself that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. I balance the checkbook because I want to be a good steward of what God has given my family. I hurry to get supper on because my youngsters are always "starving". Time can be my enemy, but time can also be my friend, if I let it.

Time for a cup of coffee in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Yes, I like coffee.
Time for a girl's night of watching The Hobbit.
Time to let myself be chased around the kitchen. (Yes, the chasing would be by Leo.)
Time to let myself be caught.
Time to watch the robin play freeze tag with the snowflakes.
Time to have time on my hands.
Time to reset the kitchen clock so I don't make my kids miss the bus.
And that I would say is just right.

Love,
Dianne

PS:
Time for my 300th Blog tomorrow. Time for another drawing. Hmmm, what shall the prize be this time? Any suggestions? 







No comments:

Post a Comment